Michael Egwuagu Wiki – Biography
Michael Egwuagu, 25, was naked when he was taken into custody on Friday outside victim Jennifer Ebichi’s home north of Austin. He had allegedly stripped to remove his bloody clothing.
Michael Egwuagu, 25, was allegedly heard telling a neighbor he killed his sister Jennifer Ebichi and the moment was captured on a doorbell camera.
Ebichi's brother, 25-year-old Michael Ify Egwuagu, was arrested at the scene and charged with murder. https://t.co/Ytwx3rGz3u
— KRIS 6 News (@KRIS6News) December 29, 2019
Michael Egwuagu, a former University of Texas at San Antonio football player, has been arrested and charged with murder in the fatal stabbing of his sister at a home north of Austin. https://t.co/QxwHJpZeFo
— WSVN 7 News (@wsvn) December 29, 2019
Michael Egwuagu Age
Michael Egwuagu Nationality
Michael Egwuagu Murder of her Sister
A witness claims they heard him say ‘I killed Jennifer’ as he emerged from the property smiling and holding a bloody knife, and the account was backed up by a surveillance camera, police say.
Ebichi, 32, was stabbed more than a dozen times. She was in her first trimester and the fetus also died, an autopsy report revealed.
— olufemi osinusi (@olufemiosinusi) December 29, 2019
Michael Egwuagu Neighbours Statement
The victim’s eldest child was standing outside the home with a neighbor who attends the family’s church and the child was covered in blood, according to the affidavit.
Martin then found Michael kneeling in the street and when he approached him, the former college football player said he’s ‘one of the good ones’, a police report states.
A witness said he appeared to be praying and asked family members for his Bible.
The suspect – who played safety at UTSA from 2013-16 – then stood up, removed his blood-soaked clothes and threw them into a trash can.
Neighbor Ben Nguyen told The Statesman: ‘It’s not something we expected to happen here. They were good people.’
One neighbor told KXAN that the knife was lying on the curb line.
‘We saw the guy. His hands and feet were covered in blood,’ a next door neighbor said. ‘The only reason I knew about this was because of my son. He called and said there’s a guy running around naked outside.’
According to reports, the Travis County Sheriff’s Office says 25-year-old ex-University of Texas at San Antonio football player Michael Egwuagu stabbed his allegedly pregnant 30-year-old sister multiple times – killing her. https://t.co/7TdgSKIcdY
— CBS Austin (@cbsaustin) December 29, 2019
Michael Egwuagu Police Statement
Ebichi later texted Martin asking him to come to the house in Pflugerville. When Martin arrived around 4.10 pm, his sister was lying in a pool of blood, he told investigators.
A former University of Texas at San Antonio football player who has been charged in the fatal stabbing of his pregnant sister was caught on a doorbell camera saying he killed her, police have revealed.
- Michael Egwuagu, 25, was allegedly heard telling a neighbor he killed his sister Jennifer Ebichi and the moment was captured on a doorbell camera
- Around 5.30 am, the mother texted her twin brother Martin Egwuagu telling him that Michael ‘was at the residence and was having a crisis’
- Ebichi, 32, later texted Martin asking him to come to the house in Pflugerville
- A neighbor was also called to the house. She heard screaming and told police Michael was smiling, holding a bloody knife and said: ‘I killed Jennifer’
- When Martin arrived around 4.10 pm, his sister was lying in a pool of blood in the kitchen, stabbed more than a dozen times. Her youngest child was inside crying
- Martin found the nurse’s eldest child covered in blood outside with a neighbor
- Ebichi’s twin said he approached Michael kneeling on the ground and the suspect told him he was ‘one of the good ones’
- Michael then removed his blood-soaked clothes and threw them into a trash can
- Ebichi was in her first trimester and the fetus also died, an autopsy revealed